This platform brings together a centre of analytical resources devoted to the analysis of major chemical and trace elements (inorganic anions/cations, dissolved carbon) of environmental samples (mainly water but also certain minerals, biological samples, etc.) and a second devoted to the elementary and/or isotopic analysis (radiogenic isotopes) of rocks and/or minerals to study the origin, the history and age of terrestrial rocks and of the associated minerals
Scientific manager of the platform : Marc Poujol with the support of Rémi Marsac
Technical managers of the platform : Martine Bouhnik Le Coz and Nathan Cogné with the technical support of David Vilbert, Dominique Bavay, and Patrice Petitjean.
Skills / Expertise:
- Dating U-Th-Pb, K-Ar, (U-Th)/He
- Trace elements analysis by LA-ICP-MS
- ICP-MS analysis of major element concentrations and traces of dissolved environmental samples.
- Analysis of dissolved organic carbon concentrations by carbon analyzer (TOC).
- Analysis of dissolved anion concentrations by ion chromatography.
- UV spectrophotometry
Application sectors and equipment
- Equipment 1: Excimer laser coupled to Q-ICP-MS for elemental or isotopic analysis by in-situ laser ablation and U-Th-Pb dating
- Equipment 2: Rare Gas Mass Spectrometers (Ar, He) for K-Ar and (U-Th)/He and Solid Source Mass Spectrometer (TIMS) for isotopic analyses (Sm, Nd, Sr, Pb).
- Equipment 3: Q-ICP-MS for measuring concentrations of major elements and traces of dissolved environmental samples
- Equipment 4: Two UV-Vis spectrophotometers
- Equipment 5: Two carbon analyzers (TOC) including one with nitrogen analysis.
- Equipment 6: Ion chromatography for analysis of dissolved anions.