- Biodiversité: Interactions, Préservation, Evolution [Biodiversity: Interactions, Preservation, Evolution] (BIPE)
- Dynamique, Imagerie et Modélisation des systèmes Environnementaux [Dynamics, Imaging and Modeling of Environmental systems] (DIMENV)
- Nano-BioGéochimie [Nano-BioGeochemistry] (NBG)
- Paléoenvironnement, Paléomagnétisme, Dynamique des Bassins [Paleoenvironment, Paleomagnetism, Basin Dynamics] (Paléo2D)
- Tectonique, Terre, Temps, Traçage [Tectonics, Earth, Time, Tracing] (T4)
Based on a common approach among all of the themes (observation, quantification, experimentation, modelling), the processes are integrated across all spatial and temporal scales, with an increasing focus on the couplings between the geosphere, hydrosphere and biosphere. These scientific teams play a role in coordinating research and consulting with the management within CoPil, which meets regularly.