Téléphone : +31 223235653
Bureau : 208
- Research topics
- Airborne topo-bathymetric lidar
- Recent Papers and news
- Recent Research Projects
Bât.14B, Pièce 208, campus Beaulieu
Université de Rennes 1
35042 RENNES cedex
- Physics of erosion processes and sediment transport in mountain rivers.
- Terrestrial and Airborne Laser Scanning applied to geomorphology
- Topo-bathymetric airborne lidar for river monitoring
- Impact of extreme events and on landscape dynamics (floods, earthquakes...)
- Stochastic geomorphology
- Biogeomorphological couplings in estuarine dynamics
- Impact and signature of climate and tectonics in landscapes
- Experimental and numerical modelling of landscape and channel evolution.
Airborne topo-bathymetric lidar
Recent Papers and news
(pdf available on request) Complete list of publication available on google scholar
- New paper exploring the impact of valley confinment and floodplain friction on sediment transport and river morphology. New insights into the importance of considering the full range of discharges, rather than a single effective discharge, when studying fluvial morphodynamics: "Channel Widening Downstream of Valley Gorges Influences by Flod Frequency and Floodplain Roughness", Croissant, T. Lague, D., and Davy, P., JGR Earth Surface, 2019.
- Thomas Bernard has just started his Phd on "Multi-scale analysis of water and sediment fluxes in landscapes using high resolution LiDAR data and numerical modelling" (supervisors: D. Lague & P. Davy). A project funded by Brittany Region (50%), Topo-bathymetric Airborne LiDAR Platform (25%) and the Fractory (25%).
- Following the completion of Ed Baynes's Marie-Curie Post-doc (now in New-Zealand as Post-Doc at Auckland University), here are a series of papers on knickpoint dynamics:
Baynes, E., Lague, D. and Kermarrec, J.-J., Supercritical river terraces generated by hydraulic and geomorphic interactions, Geology, 2018.
- Baynes, E., Lague, D., Attal, M., Gangloff, A., Kirstein, L. and Dugmore, A., River self-organisation inhibits discharge control on waterfall migration, Scientific Reports, 2018
- Following the completion of Thomas’s Croissant brillant PhD, a series of papers on the impact of landslide on river dynamics are coming out using the latest version of EROS developed by Philippe Davy. Here’s what you can do : (movie by Thomas Croissant. Reload the page if you want to restart)
- Croissant, T., Lague, D., Steer, P. and Davy, P., Rapid post-seismic landslide evacuation boosted by dynamic channel width, Nature Geosciences, 2017.
- CNRS/INSU news related to our Nature Geosciences paper on Landslide removal by rivers
- Davy, P., T. Croissant, and D. Lague, A precipiton method to calculate river hydrodynamics, with applications to flood prediction, landscape evolution models, and braiding instabilities, J. Geophys. Res. Earth Surf., 2017.
- Croissant, T., Lague, D., Davy, P., Davies, T., and Steer, P. A precipiton-based approach to model hydro-sedimentary hazards induced by large sediment supplies in alluvial fans. Earth Surf. Process. Landforms, 2017.
- Elevation change and stability on a prograding delta, Wagner, W., Lague, D., Mohrig, D. Passalaqua, P., Shaw, J. and Moffett, K., Geophysical Research Letters, 2017
- Extreme flood-driven fluvial bank erosion and sediment loads : direct process measurements using integrated Mobile Laser Scanning (MLS) and hydro-acoustic techniques, Leyland, J., Hackney, C., Darby, S., Parsons, D., Best, J., Nicholas, A., Aalto, R. and Lague, D., Earth Surface Processes and Landforms
- Passalacqua, P., Belmont, P., Staley, D.M., Simley, J.D., Arrowsmith, J. R., Bode, C. A., Crosby, C., DeLong, S. B., Glenn, N., Kelly, S., Lague, D., Sangireddy, H., Schaffrath, K., Tarboton, D., Waskewicz, T., Wheaton, J., Analyzing high resolution topography for advancing the understanding of mass and energy transfer through landscapes : A review, Earth Science Reviews 2015
- AGU 2014 invited talk : Lague, D., What’s the point of a raster ?:Advantages of 3D Point Cloud Processing over Raster Based Methods for Accurate Geomorphic Analysis of High Resolution Topography, 15-20 dec 2014.
- qCANUPO and qM3C2 plugins for point cloud classification and comparison are now implemented in the Open Source software CloudCompare. Much faster and easier to use.
- Lague, D., The stream power river incision model : evidence, theory and beyond, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, State of Science paper, January, 2014.
- Lague, D., Brodu, N. and Leroux, J., Accurate 3D comparison of complex topography with terrestrial laser scanner : application to the Rangitikei canyon (N-Z), 2013, ISPRS journal of Photogrammmetry and Remote Sensing (description and application of the M3C2 algorithm)
- Podcast de la conférence grand public à l’Espace des Sciences aux Champs Libres le 19 mars 2013 à 20h30 : Comment les rivières, architectes puissants et minutieux, façonnent les paysages.
- AGU 2012 invited talk : Lague, D., Brodu, and Leroux, J., Unlocking the scientific potential of complex 3D point cloud dataset : new classification and 3D point cloud comparison methods, 3-7 dec 2012.
- Podcast (in French) of a seminar I gave at the Isterre Grenoble on : Floods, landslides and morphodynamics
- Gordon Warwick Medal from the British Society for Geomorphology
- Brodu, N. and Lague, D., 3D Terrestrial LiDAR data classification of complex natural scenes using a multi-scale dimensionality criterion : applications in geomorphology, ISPRS journal of Photogrammmetry and Remote Sensing, 2012.
Recent Research Projects
- I'll contribute to Philippe Steer's ERC as senior staff: ERC FEASIBle
- Projet INSU/SYSTER/EROFRAC (2018): rôle de la fracturation dans l'érosion (thèse C. Astrié)
- Thanks to the support of Rennes Metropole, an engineer position for 2 years has been funded for the Lidar Topo-bathymetric platform
- ANR PICS (2018-2022): Prevision Immediate des Crues Soudaines (site web : http://pics.ifsttar.fr/)
- Airborne Topo-Bathymetric lidar, funded by Regional Councils : Pays de la Loire, Brittanny, and FEDER european funds (2015)
- CNRS/PEPS Terre-Mer : Modélisation numérique de l’impact de la végétation pionnière en Baie du Mt St Michel sur la sédimentation et comparaison avec données lidar terrestre, collab. Ifremer/dyneco, 2014
- "SEDIQUAKE : hydrosedimentary hazards following an M8 earthquake on the Alpine Fault, New-Zealand", INSU/ALEAS, 2014.
- "Biogeomorphological couplings in mega-tidal salt marshes", INSU/EC2CO/DRIL, 2012-2013
- "EROSNZ - landslides, floods and erosion : new insights from event-based field measurements in the Southern Alps of New Zealand and stochastic 2D numerical modeling of long-term landscape evolution, funded by EEC MCIOF (2011-2012).