Téléphone : +33 223236702
Bât.14B, Pièce 202, campus Beaulieu
Université de Rennes 1
35042 RENNES cedex
Tanguy Le Borgne is Professor (Physicien CNAP) at the University of Rennes 1, France. His research focuses on the study of transport and reaction phenomena in heterogeneous porous and fractured media. He tackles these problems by blending theory, modeling and experiments performed over scales ranging from micromodels to field tracer tests. He is coordinating the French national network of hydrogeological experimental sites (H+ hplus.ore.fr). He has published 74 articles in peer-reviewed international journals. After graduating jointly from the Nancy School of Mines and from a Master of Science in hydrology at Imperial College London in 2001, he obtained his PhD degree at the University of Rennes 1 in 2004. He was then a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Montpellier and at the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) in Barcelona, under a Marie Curie European research grant. He was appointed associate Professor in 2007 and full Professor in 2015 at the University of Rennes 1. He was awarded a consolidator grant from the European Research Council (ERC) in 2015.
75. Turuban, R., Lester, D. R., Le Borgne, T., & Méheust, Y. (2018). Space-Group Symmetries Generate Chaotic Fluid Advection in Crystalline Granular Media. Physical Review Letters, 120(2), 024501.
74. Ghosh, U., Borgne, T. L., Jougnot, D., Linde, N., & Méheust, Y. (2018). Geoelectrical signatures of reactive mixing: a theoretical assessment. Geophysical Research Letters, 45(8), 3489-3498
73. Souzy, M., Zaier, I., Lhuissier, H., Le Borgne, T., & Metzger, B. (2018). Mixing lamellae in a shear flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 838.
72. Jougnot, D., Jiménez-Martínez, J., Legendre, R., Le Borgne, T., Méheust, Y., & Linde, N. (2018). Impact of small-scale saline tracer heterogeneity on electrical resistivity monitoring in fully and partially saturated porous media: insights from geoelectrical milli-fluidic experiments. Advances in Water Resources, 113, 295-309.
71. Le Borgne, T., Huck, P. D., Dentz, M., & Villermaux, E. (2017). Scalar gradients in stirred mixtures and the deconstruction of random fields. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 812, 578-610.
70. Guihéneuf, N., Bour, O., Boisson, A., Le Borgne, T., Becker, M. W., Nigon, B., ... & Maréchal, J. C. (2017). Insights about transport mechanisms and fracture flow channeling from multi-scale observations of tracer dispersion in shallow fractured crystalline rock. Journal of contaminant hydrology, 206, 18-33.
69. Kang, P. K., Dentz, M., Le Borgne, T., Lee, S., & Juanes, R. (2017). Anomalous transport in disordered fracture networks: spatial Markov model for dispersion with variable injection modes. Advances in Water Resources, 106, 80-94.
68. Shakas, A., Linde, N., Baron, L., Selker, J., Gerard, M. F., Lavenant, N., ... & Le Borgne, T. (2017). Neutrally buoyant tracers in hydrogeophysics: Field demonstration in fractured rock. Geophysical Research Letters, 44(8), 3663-3671.
67. Jiménez‐Martínez, J., Le Borgne, T., Tabuteau, H., & Méheust, Y. (2017). Impact of saturation on dispersion and mixing in porous media: Photobleaching pulse injection experiments and shear‐enhanced mixing model. Water Resources Research, 53(2), 1457-1472.
66. Bandopadhyay, A., Le Borgne, T., Méheust, Y., & Dentz, M. (2017). Enhanced reaction kinetics and reactive mixing scale dynamics in mixing fronts under shear flow for arbitrary Damköhler numbers. Advances in Water Resources, 100, 78-95.
65. Dentz, M., Lester, D. R., Le Borgne, T., & de Barros, F. P. (2016). Coupled continuous-time random walks for fluid stretching in two-dimensional heterogeneous media. Physical Review E, 94(6), 061102.
64. Bense, V. F., Read, T., Bour, O., Le Borgne, T., Coleman, T., Krause, S., ... & Selker, J. S. (2016). Distributed temperature sensing as a downhole tool in hydrogeology. Water Resources Research, 52(12), 9259-9273.
63. Dentz, M., Kang, P. K., Comolli, A., Le Borgne, T., & Lester, D. R. (2016). Continuous time random walks for the evolution of Lagrangian velocities. Physical Review Fluids, 1(7), 074004.
62. Lester, D., M. Dentz, T. Le Borgne (2016) Chaotic Mixing in Three Dimensional Porous Media, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 803, p. 144-174.
61. Klepikova, M. V. T. Le Borgne, O. Bour, M. Dentz, R. Hochreutener, and N. Lavenant (2016) Heat as a tracer for understanding transport processes in fractured media: theory and field assessment from multi-scale thermal push-pull tracer tests, Water Resources Research 52(7), 5442-5457.
60. Noetinger, B., Roubinet, D., Russian, A., Le Borgne, T., Delay, F., Dentz, M., ... & Gouze, P. (2016). Random walk methods for modeling hydrodynamic transport in porous and fractured media from pore to reservoir scale. Transport in Porous Media, 115(2), 345-385.
59. Shakas A., N. Linde, L. Baron, O. Bochet, O. Bour, T. Le Borgne (2016) Hydrogeophysical characterization of transport processes in fractured rock by combining push-pull and single-hole ground penetrating radar experiments Water Resources ResearchVol. 52, 2, pp 938-953
58. Jamin, P., P. Goderniaux, O. Bour, T. Le Borgne, A. Englert, L. Longuevergne, S. Brouyeres (2015) Contribution of the finite volume point dilution method for measurement of groundwater fluxes in a fractured aquifer, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology Vol. 182 pp 244-255
57. Kang P., M. Dentz, T. Le Borgne, R. Juanes (2015) Anomalous transport on regular fracture networks: Impact of conductivity heterogeneity and mixing at fracture intersections, Physical Review E, Vol. 92, 2, 022148
56. Dentz, M., Le Borgne, T., Lester, D. R., & de Barros, F. P. (2015). Scaling forms of particle densities for Lévy walks and strong anomalous diffusion. Physical Review E, 92(3), 032128.
55. Le Borgne T., M. Dentz and E. Villermaux (2015) The lamellar description of mixing in porous media, Journal of Fluid Mechanics vol. 770, pp. 458-498.
54. Jimenez-Martinez J., P. de Anna, H. Tabuteau, R. Turuban, T. Le Borgne, Y. Méheust (2015) Pore-scale mechanisms for the enhancement of mixing in unsaturated porous media and implications for chemical reactions, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 42, 13, p. 5316–5324
53. Dentz M., P. K. Kang, T. Le Borgne (2015) Continuous time random walks for non-local radial solute transport Advances in Water Resources, Vol. 82, 16-26
52. Read, T., Bense, V., Bour, O., Le Borgne, T., Lavenant, N., Hochreutener, R., & Selker, J. S. (2015). Thermal-Plume fibre Optic Tracking (T-POT) test for flow velocity measurement in groundwater boreholes. Geoscientific Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems, 5(5), 161-175.
51. Ferrari, A., J. Jimenez-Martinez, T. L. Borgne, Y. Méheust, and I. Lunati (2015), Challenges in modeling unstable two-phase flow experiments in porous micromodels, Water Resources Research, 51.
50. Kang, P. K., T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, O. Bour, and R. Juanes (2015), Impact of velocity correlation and distribution on transport in fractured media: Field evidence and theoretical model, Water Resources Research, 51, 940–959
49. Le Borgne T., T. Ginn and M. Dentz (2014) Impact of Fluid Deformation on Mixing-Induced Chemical Reactions in Heterogeneous Flows, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 41, 22, p. 7898–7906
48. de Anna, P., M. Dentz, A. Tartakovsky, and T. Le Borgne (2014) The filamentary structure of mixing fronts and its control on reaction kinetics in porousmedia flows, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 41, p. 4586-4593
47. Read, T., O. Bour, J. Selker, V. Bense, T. Le Borgne, R. Hochreutener, N. Lavenant (2014) Active-Distributed Temperature Sensing to continuously quantify vertical flow in boreholes, Water Resources Research, Vol. 50, p. 3706-3713
46. Klepikova M.V., T. Le Borgne, O. Bour, K. Gallagher, R. Hochreutener, N. Lavenant (2014) Passive temperature tomography experiments to characterize transmissivity and connectivity of preferential flow paths in fractured media, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 512, 549-562
45. Bolster D., Y. Meheust, T. Le Borgne, J. Bouquain, P. Davy (2014) Modeling preasymptotic transport in flows with significant inertial and trapping effects - the importance of correlation and a spatial Markov modeling approach, Advances in Water Resources, Vol. 70, p. 89-103
44. de Anna, P., J. Jimenez-Martinez, H. Tabuteau, R. Turuban, T. Le Borgne, M. Derrien, and Y. Méheust (2014) Mixing and reaction kinetics in porous media : an experimental pore scale quantification, Environmental Science and Technology 48 (1), p. 508–516
43. Leray S., de Dreuzy J. R., Aquilina L., Vergnaud-Ayraud V., Labasque T., Bour O., Le Borgne T. (2014) Temporal evolution of age data under transient pumping conditions, Journal of Hydrology , Vol. 511, p. 555–566
42. Roques, C., O. Bour, L. Aquilina, B. Dewandel, S. Leray, J.H. Schroetter, L. Longuevergne, T. Le Borgne, R. Hochreutener, T. Labasque, N. Lavenant, V. Vergnaud-Ayraud (2014) Hydrological behavior of a deep sub-vertical fault in crystalline basement and relationships with surrounding reservoirs, J. of Hydrol. 509 (2014) 42–54
41. Le Borgne, T., M. Dentz, E. Villermaux (2013) Stretching, coalescence and mixing in porous media, Physical Review Letters, 110, 204501
40. de Anna-, P., T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, A. M. Tartakovsky, D. Bolster, P. Davy (2013) Flow Intermittency, Dispersion and Correlated Continuous Time Random Walks in Porous Media, Physical Review Letters, 110, 184502
39. Read, T. O. Bour, V. Bense, T. Le Borgne, P. Goderniaux, M.V., Klepikova, R. Hochreutener, N. Lavenant, and V. Boschero (2013) Characterizing groundwater flow and heat transport in fractured rock using Fiber-Optic Distributed Temperature Sensing, Geophysical Research Letters, VOL. 40, 1–5, doi:10.1002/grl.50397
38. Russian, A., M. Dentz, T. Le Borgne, J. Carrera and J. Jimenez-Martinez Temporal Scaling of Groundwater Discharge in Dual and Multi-Continuum Catchment Models, Water Resources Research Vol. 49, 12p. 8552-8564
37. Dorn, C., Linde, N., Le Borgne, T., Bour, O., de Dreuzy, J. R. (2013) Conditioning of stochastic 3-D fracture networks to hydrological and geophysical data, Advances in Water Resources, Vol. 62, Part A, p. 79–89
36. Klepikova, M. V., Le Borgne, T., Bour, O., de Dreuzy J. R (2013), Inverse modelling of flow tomography experiments in fractured media, Water Resources Research, Vol. 49, Issue 11, p. 7255–7265
35. Jiménez-Martínez, J., L. Longuevergne,T. Le Borgne, P. Davy, A. Russian, O. Bour (2013) Temporal and spatial scaling of hydraulic response to recharge in fractured aquifers : insights from a frequency domain analysis, Water Resources Research, VOL. 49, 1–17, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20260
34. Goderniaux, P., P. Davy, E. Bresciani, J.-R. de Dreuzy1, T. Le Borgne (2013) Partitioning a regional groundwater flow system into shallow local and deep regional flow compartments, Water Resources Research, VOL. 49, 1–13, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20186
33. Boisson, A., P. de Anna, O. Bour, T. Le Borgne, T. Labasque, L. Aquilina (2013) Reaction chain modeling of denitrification reactions during a push–pull test. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 148, 1–11
32. Dorn, C., Linde, N., Le Borgne, T., Bour, O. and Klepikova, M. (2012) Inferring transport characteristics in a fractured rock aquifer by combining single-hole GPR reflection monitoring and tracer test data, Water Resources Research, Vol. 48, W11521, doi:10.1029/2011WR011739, 2012
31. de Dreuzy J.-R., J. Carrera, M. Dentz, and T. Le Borgne (2012) Time evolution of mixing in heterogeneous porous media, Water Resources Research Vol. 48, W06511, doi:10.1029/2011WR011360, 2012
30. Dorn, C., Linde, N., Doetsch, J., Le Borgne, T., Bour, O. (2012) Fracture imaging within a granitic rock aquifer using multiple-offset single-hole and cross-hole GPR reflection data, Journal of Applied Geophysics, 78, 123-132
29. Tartakovsky, A. M.; de Anna, P.; Le Borgne, T.; Balter, A.; Bolster, D. (2012) Effect of spatial concentration fluctuations on effective kinetics in diffusion-reaction systems, Water Resources Research, 48, W02526
28. de Dreuzy, J-R.; Carrera, J.; Dentz, M.; Le Borgne, T. (2012) Asymptotic dispersion for two-dimensional highly heterogeneous permeability fields under temporally fluctuating flow, Water Resources Research, 48, W01532
27. Le Borgne, T. D. Bolster, M. Dentz, P. de Anna, and A. Tartakovsky (2011) Effective pore-scale dispersion upscaling with a correlated continuous time random walk approach. Water Resources Research; Vol. 47, W12538, doi:10.1029/2011WR010457
26. Le Borgne T., Dentz M., Davy P., Bolster D., de Dreuzy, J. R. and Bour O. (2011) Persistence of incomplete mixing : A key to anomalous transport, Physical Review E, 84, 1
25. Kang P., M. Dentz, T. Le Borgne and R. Juanes (2011) Spatial Markov model of anomalous transport through random lattice networks, Physical Review Letters 107, 180602
24. Dorn C., Linde N., Le Borgne T., O. Bour and L. Baron (2011) Single-hole GPR reflection imaging of solute transport in a granitic aquifer ,Geophysical Research Letters Vol.38, L08401
23. de Anna P., T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, D. Bolster and P. Davy (2011) Anomalous kinetics in diffusion limited reactions linked to non-Gaussian concentration probability distribution function. Journal of Chemical Physics 135, 174104
22. Klepikova M., T. Le Borgne, O. Bour and P. Davy (2011), Single and cross-borehole temperature profiles for estimating fracture zone hydraulic properties, Journal of Hydrology 407, 145–152
21. Dentz M., T. Le Borgne, A. Englert, B. Bijeljic (2011) Mixing, spreading and reaction in heterogeneous media : A brief review, Review Article Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 120-121, 1–17.
20. Bolster D., Valdés-Parada, F. J., Le Borgne, T., Dentz, M., Carrera, J. (2011) Mixing in confined stratified aquifers, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology , Volumes 120-121, 1 March 2011, Pages 198-212, doi:10.1016/j. jconhyd.2010.02.003
19. Bolster D., M. Dentz and T. Le Borgne (2011) Hypermixing in linear shear flow, Water Resources Research, 47, W09602
18. Le Borgne T., M. Dentz, D. Bolster, J. Carrera, J.-R. de Dreuzy, P. Davy (2010) Non-Fickian mixing : Temporal evolution of the scalar dissipation rate in porous media, Advances in Water Resources, Volume 33, Issue 12, December 2010, Pages 1468-1475,
17. Bolster D., D.A. Benson, T. Le Borgne, M. dentz (2010) Anomalous mixing and reaction induced by superdiffusive nonlocal transport, Physical Review E, 82, 2.
16. Dentz M, Bolster D, Le Borgne T (2009) Concentration statistics for transport in random media, Physical Review E, 80, 1, 010101,Part 1
15. Dentz M, Carrera J, Bolster D, Le Borgne T. (2009) Multipoint concentration statistics for transport in stratified random velocity fields, Physical Review E, 80, 3, 036306, Part 2
14. Bolster D., Dentz M., Le Borgne T. (2009) Solute dispersion in channels with periodically varying apertures, Physics of Fluids 21, 056601.
13. Pezard PA, Gautier S, Le Borgne T, et al. (2009) MuSET : A multiparameter and high precision sensor for downhole spontaneous electrical potential measurements, Comptes Rendus Geoscience, 341, 10-11, 957-964
12. Gouze P, Leprovost R, Poidras T, et al. (2009) CoFIS and TELog : New downhole tools for characterizing dispersion processes in aquifers by single-well injection-withdrawal tracer tests, Comptes Rendus Geoscience, 341, 10-11, 965-975
11. Le Borgne T., Dentz M., and Carrera J. (2008) Lagrangian Statistical Model for Transport in Highly Heterogeneous Velocity Fields, Physical Review Letters 101, 090601.
10. Le Borgne T., Dentz M., and Carrera J. (2008). Spatial Markov processes for modeling Lagrangian particle dynamics in heterogeneous porous media. Physical Review E 78, 026308.
9. Dentz M., Le Borgne T., and Carrera J. (2008) Effective transport in random shear flows. Physical Review E 77, 020101 Rapid Communication.
8. Gouze P., T. Le Borgne, R. Leprovost, G. Lods, T. Poidras, P. Pezard (2008), Non-Fickian dispersion in porous media : 1. Multiscale measurements using single-well injection withdrawal tracer tests, Water Resources Research, 44, W06426
7. Le Borgne T., P. Gouze (2008), Non-Fickian dispersion in porous media : 2. Model validation from measurements at different scales, Water Resources Research, 44, W06427
6. Gouze, P., Y. Melean, T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, and J. Carrera (2008), Non-Fickian dispersion in porous media explained by heterogeneous microscale matrix diffusion, Water Resources Research, 44, W11416
5. Le Borgne T., Bour O, Riley MS, Gouze P, Pezard PA, Belghoul A, Lods G, Le Provost R, Greswell RB, Ellis PA, Isakov E, Last BJ (2007). Comparison of alternative methodologies for identifying and characterizing preferential flow paths in heterogeneous aquifers. Journal of Hydrology 345 (3-4) : 134-148.
4. Le Borgne, T., J.-R. de Dreuzy, P. Davy, and O. Bour (2007), Characterization of the velocity field organization in heterogeneous media by conditional correlation, Water Resources Research, 43, W02419, doi:10.1029/2006WR004875.
3. Le Borgne T., Bour O., Paillet F.L. and Caudal J-P. (2006). Assessment of preferential flow path connectivity and hydraulic properties at single-borehole and cross-borehole scales in a fractured aquifer. Journal of Hydrology, Volume 328, Issues 1-2, 30 August 2006, Pages 347-359.
2. Le Borgne, T., F. Paillet, L, O. Bour and Caudal J-P. (2006). Cross borehole flowmeter tests for transient heads in heterogeneous aquifers, Ground Water, Volume 44, Issue 3, Page 444-452
1. Le Borgne T., O Bour., J-R. De Dreuzy, P. Davy, F. Touchard (2004) Equivalent mean flow models relevant for fractured aquifers : Insights from a pumping tests scaling interpretation, Water Resources Research, 40, WO5112, doi:10.1029/2003WR002436.